are you a creative person?
Hope you are all enjoying this fabulous summer and getting around to doing something creative with any extra time that you have. Don’t forget to share your creativity with your kids and grandkids or even the neighbor’s kids. It’s all worth it.
Emily’s Bites of Fun: Creative people really do see the world differently. Some of the things that come to light as we look at creative people can be quite interesting. Their willingness to be flexible and original can make for a very different personality from other people but it helps us understand them a little more. At “secondprinciple.com” they have put together some interesting information and some reflective exercises for you to see how creative you really are. Check them out HERE and let me know if you found out something about yourself that you didn’t know before! I see some traits that I didn’t know about myself but they really do ring true! Have fun!
Here is a list of some of the attributes of creative people:
- Independent, anti‑authoritarian
- Divergent thinker
- Generally considered intelligent
- Open to new ideas
- Little tolerance for boredom
- Willing to undertake stimulating challenges, curious and inquisitive
- Above average use of brain functions located in the right hemisphere
- Strong imagery ability
- Abilities of synthesis; tasting color, seeing sound, hearing smells
- Generally unaffected by peer pressure
- Versatile and adaptable
- Score high on Torrance Tests of Creative Ability in the following areas:
- fluency‑‑produce numerous ideas
- flexibility‑‑produce variety of ideas and approaches
- originality‑‑novel ideas
- elaboration‑‑fill in details
- redefinition‑‑define or perceive in way different from the average
Personal Note: Having your supplies handy when you start any kind of project is vital If you have to constantly get up to get something you might lose interest or get distracted. Make a list for the times you feel that you had everything you needed. You may add to it but it will make the next project go much smoother. Don’t lose heart, keep going and you will get your “groove.” Most of all? Have fun!