Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go. ~Anonymous
EMILY’S BITES OF FUN:
How Alison finds inspiration: “I am most inspired when apparent simplicity can become something more complex by the detail, the proportion or the materials I choose to use. In the same way that Japanese origami is intrinsically simple and complex at the same time, it is these paradoxes I try to find in my own work. What looks simple can often be complex, and vice versa. I have learned a lot from the Japanese way of doing things – the ritual of tea ceremonies mirroring the ritual of laying out and piecing together sewn patterns. The structuring of Japanese gardens echoing the proportions of material against material.”
A NOTE FROM EMILY –
I am going live on fb on friday at 11!
I will be going “LIVE” on Facebook this Friday at 11 am on my Facebook page (Emily’s Papercrafts) to show you how to do an easy quilled Fall card. Don’t forget to tell your friends, like my page and even share it. I will see you at 11 on Friday, the 20th!
CLASSES FOR OCTOBER:
(See November and December classes on my website at Classes.)
- Emily’s Papercrafts Class Loyalty Program. Some of the classes offered below (all “Evening Out” classes) qualify for a loyalty program. You take 4 classes at full price ($30), get the 5th class half-off, or for $15
EVENING NIGHT OUT AT VINTAGE:
- Autumn Wall Hangings Oct. 17, 2017 6-8:30pm at Vintage Vino and Espresso. In this class, you get to make a custom 4″x6″ wall hanging from several autumn (or not) design options ranging from scarecrows to mice to sunflowers. At the end of the evening, you’ll take home a matted and framed finished wall hanging. This class qualifies for Emily’s Papercrafts class loyalty program. Reserve your seat here.
- Sweet Tooth Greeting Cards: Wed., Oct. 18, 2017 6-8:30pm at Vintage Vino and Espresso (next the Maple Valley WA Fred Meyer). Come create 3 greeting cards involving sweets–and while enjoying some sweets too! Cost is $30 which covers all supplies including a medium-size hot/cold drink. This class qualifies for Emily’s Papercrafts class loyalty program. Reserve your seat here.
IMPRESS CARDS AND CRAFTS CLASSES:
(See all of my classes HERE.)
- Indulge Your Sweet Tooth Greeting Cards: Oct, 21 10:30-12:30pm at Impress Cards and Crafts in University Village (just north of University of Washington campus). Come enjoy some sweets while making “sweet” cards that are perfect for Halloween or for any time of the year when something sweet is needed. You’ll make at least 3 cards using quilling and sweets! Please bring to the class: roller tape and detail scissors and a slight appetite. Cost is $35. To register, please call the store at (206) 526-5818.
- Autumn Animals: Oct. 21 1:30-3:30pm at Impress Cards and Crafts in University Village (just north of University of Washington campus). Learn how to make some spooky autumn animals, a bat, spider, and cat using quilling and embossing techniques. Please bring to the class: roller tape and detail scissors. Cost is $35. To register, please call the store at (206) 526-5818.
Stay Calm & Eat Candy Corn!